I have many friends with whom I communicate through different means. Some remain on FaceBook and refuse to leave that ‘convenient’ environment. A few enjoy email messages and the rest are waiting for a sign from up above to make them move in my direction.
It is for the esteemed members of this last group that I am outlining the simple procedure for having their names and photographs included in the FOLLOWERS sidebar on my blog.
Welcome to Google Friend Connect
- Go to http://writersblocktgh.blogspot.com/
- I would appreciate it if you add my blog’s URL to your browser’s FAVORITES folder so that you don’t have to type the lengthy address each time you visit me
- Scroll down while watching the left hand side sidebar
- Click on FOLLOW (under SIGN UP TO BECOME A FRIEND)
- A dialogue box appears which tells you that you may use various accounts to become a member (Google, Twitter, Yahoo, AIM, NetLog, or Open ID)
- Sign in with your ID and Password
- Fill in your Name, and upload your Picture
- Click ‘FOLLOW PUBLICLY’
- Click ‘FOLLOW THIS BLOG’
- A message appears: ‘Congratulations. You are now following WritersBlockTGH’
- Click DONE
- Check the blog to see if your NAME and PHOTO is visible in ‘Friends’ sidebar on the left hand side of the blog
- To edit further, press OPTIONS, go to SITE SETTINGS (to change data, picture etc.)
Presto! You’re done!